With regret, the Sherwood Open 25 which had been tabled for 15th August 2020 is now going to be cancelled tomorrow. I have notified Bill Stanley of my decision. Unless someone steps up, which I know is highly unlikely, then my decision will stand.
I initially put my name down to run it on 5th September 2020 and that date would have personally been fine for me.
As it is, in my absence, a decision was made, at the CTT Date Setting Meeting on Sunday, to move it back to one of the alternative dates I offered. This would have required someone else to take on the running of the event on the day. I would have happily helped out anyone in Sherwood that could have taken it on with the admin side of it where I could.
It’s a great shame as the event this year was an enormous success.
In fact, I’ve been told that our Open 10 was one of ONLY 3 events in the Central district that had a full field. Our Open 25 was only 4 short of being a full field from memory to another great success for Sherwood.
If you anyone does wish to take this one on then you need to let me know today really so I can put your name forward to Bill.